Friday, February 28, 2014

Miracle on Ice


I really enjoyed the movie.  There was nothing in the movie that I didn't really like, I thought it was portrayed very well and the actors chosen to play the parts did a great job.  It was very emotional to watch and it made me feel very proud to be an American.  I learned that miracles can happen and to never doubt yourself.  You never know what can happen and as long as you try hard to achieve your goals, that's all that matters. I would completely recommend this movie to others, in fact, just the other day, I was telling my parents that we were watching the film in class and the next day they were watching it together.  I think that the moral applies to everything today.  Miracles CAN happen, as long as you try hard and do well, good things can result.  

This movie is very important and represents the patriotism in America.  This event was a shocker to all and it brought the country together.  People were in distress, many ugly events have occurred or was occurring during the time and Americans weren't in a happy place.  After this miraculous win, however, things turned around.  A new hope was found and people came together instead of pulling apart.  

9/11 is an event in my lifetime that has a similar impact on America.  Although it was a horrible tragedy rather than a glorious win, the country came together.  Almost everyone around the United States dropped everything to help those in need.  This was a time in our countries history where extreme patriotism was shown.  The loss and destruction was horrible but the love and comfort people gave to other was incredible.  What happened shouldn't have happened, but how our country rallied together in this time of despair created an ever lasting bond between the American public.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Sydney - I agree with your last statement. As unfortunate as the events of 9/11 were I had never personally witnessed such patriotism as in the months immediately following. I heard someone once say, "Most people run away from trouble. Americans run to it." I think it says a lot about who we are and our willingness to help one another.

    ReplyDelete