Tuesday, February 25, 2014

42




    I know I've said this about every movie we've watched so far but I LOVED this movie.  I watched it with my dad last night and we both thought it was awesome.  They way the story was portrayed and the actors in the film really made it incredible.  It was full of emotion and excitement.  I do think Jackie Robinson helped this country.  Baseball is America's past time.  He was the first black man to be on a professional baseball team which opened the door for more people to join.  He faces scrutiny and danger but was courageous throughout.  Jackie Robinson stood his ground and didn't let anyone take  him down.  He opened the eyes of many people and helped to make the most stubborn people accept him and others.  This was a large step in overcoming the segregation faced by people of this time and it continued to better the country.  I think that we can learn from Jackie Robinson, with the courage, strength, and drive to accomplish his dreams, that anything is possible.  He was one of the most hated men in the country at that time and was able to change the way we play baseball and the way we treat other people forever.  I would use his values to better myself and people around me.  He never hurt anyone, although he was mentally and physically hurt himself.  He kept his cool and never gave up.  I think that the quote means that your life doesn't mean anything unless you try your best to influence someone else and to do better.  I completely agree with this quote.  Living life not trying to help others and impact their lives isn't really living.  We should do whatever we can to help other people. 

    2 comments:

    1. I very much agree with your ending statement. It is evident in the little time I have known you that you practice what you preach. It is refreshing to see. Nice post!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree with Sydney that the actors in this movie added to the incredible story. Sydney describes very well how Jackie didn't hurt others even though he was being physically and mentally hurt himself. He pushed on through the hard times, the boo's of the crown, the death threats to him and his family, and made a huge impact on history. Sydney's last sentence " Living life not trying to help others and impact their lives ins't really living," is a life motto that everyone should take into consideration.

      ReplyDelete